OK, in short, through various swaps and scrapyard purchases, I ended up with 4 DB4 chassis, no complete bodies, and an assortment of parts. After a bit of fiddling, decided that the bodies
were beyond help, so decided to borrow a complete car from a friend (thanks Peter!) and mould up every part, except the chassis.
Ironically, after finsishing off the moulds and making my first couple of casts of everything, I chanced upon a very nice greeen DB4 body, with only minor imperfections, and that became my priority (see Green DB4).
Once that was comoplete, I then began working on this version, it is completely made up of my own repro oparts, except for the chassis and wheels.
I installed a J111 motor instead of the usual RX motor, and modifed the guide mount so I could use a standard push in guide. This was a fairly easy mod,
thanks to the strength and size of these old chassis, which enabled me to increase the existing hole substantially without compromising the chassis in any way.
I then used an epoxy glue to hold an old F1 guide mount in position, with a little reinforcing, and hey presto, its push-in guide enabled.